Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Shetland Island Mysteries series.
- #1: Raven Black: Book One of the Shetland Island Mysteries (Paperback): $17.99
- #3: Red Bones: A Thriller (Shetland Island Mysteries #3) (Paperback): $17.99
- #4: Blue Lightning: A Thriller (Shetland Island Mysteries #4) (Paperback): $17.99
- #5: Dead Water: A Shetland Mystery (Shetland Island Mysteries #5) (Paperback): $17.99
- #6: Thin Air: A Shetland Mystery (Shetland Island Mysteries #6) (Paperback): $17.99
- #7: Cold Earth: A Shetland Mystery (Shetland Island Mysteries #7) (Paperback): $16.99
- #8: Wild Fire: A Shetland Island Mystery (Shetland Island Mysteries #8) (Paperback): $17.99
October 2008 Indie Next List
“When Shetland Island police detective Jimmy Perez investigates the murder of an outsider, he knows that even though the handful of residents have known each other all their lives they still have their secrets. Two more murders follow, and it's up to Perez to identify the killer. Cleeves is a master at creating memorable characters in this unforgettable series.”
— Karen Spengler, I Love A Mystery, Mission, KS
The electrifying follow-up to the Dagger Award–winning Raven Black.
In this second thriller of the highly acclaimed Shetland Island series featuring Inspector Jimmy Perez, the launch of an exhibition at The Herring House art gallery is disturbed by a stranger who bursts into tears, then claims not to remember who he is or where he comes from. The next day he's found dead. Set in midsummer, the book captures the unsettling nature of a landscape where the sun never quite sets and where people are not as they first seem.
About the Author
ANN CLEEVES is the multi-million copy and New York Times bestselling author behind two hit television series—the BBC’s Shetland, starring Douglas Henshall, and ITV’s Vera, starring Academy Award Nominee Brenda Blethyn—both of which are watched and loved in the US. The Long Call, the first in the Two Rivers series introducing Detective Matthew Venn, was an instant New York Times bestseller.
Shetland is available in the US on Netflix, Amazon Video, Britbox and PBS, and Vera is available on Amazon Video, BritBox and PBS.
The first Shetland novel, Raven Black, won the CWA Gold Dagger for best crime novel, and Ann was awarded the CWA Diamond Dagger in 2017. She lives in the UK.
“Gripping from start to finish.” —Booklist
“Intricate and engrossing . . . offers readers the pleasures of the traditional locked room/isolated island mystery.” —The Washington Post Book World
“A most satisfying mystery. Jimmy Perez is a fine creation.” —Peter Robinson, author of Friend of the Devil