Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Shetland Island Mysteries series.
- #1: Raven Black: Book One of the Shetland Island Mysteries (Paperback): $17.99
- #2: White Nights: A Thriller (Shetland Island Mysteries #2) (Paperback): $17.99
- #4: Blue Lightning: A Thriller (Shetland Island Mysteries #4) (Paperback): $17.99
- #5: Dead Water: A Shetland Mystery (Shetland Island Mysteries #5) (Paperback): $16.99
- #6: Thin Air: A Shetland Mystery (Shetland Island Mysteries #6) (Paperback): $17.99
- #7: Cold Earth: A Shetland Mystery (Shetland Island Mysteries #7) (Paperback): $16.99
- #8: Wild Fire: A Shetland Island Mystery (Shetland Island Mysteries #8) (Paperback): $17.99
When a young archaeologist discovers a set of human remains, the locals are intrigued. Is it an ancient find - or a more contemporary mystery? Then an elderly woman fatally is shot and Ann Cleeves's popular series detective Jimmy Perez is called in. In Red Bones, a claustrophobic mists swirl around the Shetland Islands, and Inspector Perez finds himself totally in the dark.
About the Author
ANN CLEEVES is the multi-million copy and New York Times bestselling author behind two hit television series—the BBC’s Shetland, starring Douglas Henshall, and ITV’s Vera, starring Academy Award Nominee Brenda Blethyn—both of which are watched and loved in the US. The Long Call, the first in the Two Rivers series introducing Detective Matthew Venn, was an instant New York Times bestseller.
Shetland is available in the US on Netflix, Amazon Video, Britbox and PBS, and Vera is available on Amazon Video, BritBox and PBS.
The first Shetland novel, Raven Black, won the CWA Gold Dagger for best crime novel, and Ann was awarded the CWA Diamond Dagger in 2017. She lives in the UK.
“Excellent...As in the best traditional English village whodunits, the killer lurks among the townspeople, but his or her identity still comes as a shock.” —Publishers Weekly (Starred Review)
“Cleeves is expert at depicting hardscrabble island life, parental expectations and disappointments and emotionally charged silences. Thoughtful readers should give Perez a try.” —Kirkus Reviews
“Cleeves' latest mystery is travel and entertainment rolled into one.... a suspenseful read.” —RT Book Reviews
“Moody and atmospheric ... well-written tale.” —Library Journal