Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Shetland Island Mysteries series.
- #1: Raven Black: Book One of the Shetland Island Mysteries (Paperback): $17.99
- #2: White Nights: A Thriller (Shetland Island Mysteries #2) (Paperback): $17.99
- #3: Red Bones: A Thriller (Shetland Island Mysteries #3) (Paperback): $17.99
- #4: Blue Lightning: A Thriller (Shetland Island Mysteries #4) (Paperback): $17.99
- #6: Thin Air: A Shetland Mystery (Shetland Island Mysteries #6) (Paperback): $17.99
- #7: Cold Earth: A Shetland Mystery (Shetland Island Mysteries #7) (Paperback): $17.99
- #8: Wild Fire: A Shetland Island Mystery (Shetland Island Mysteries #8) (Paperback): $17.99
Ann Cleeves returns to her critically acclaimed Shetland Island series with this stunning mystery featuring Inspector Jimmy Perez, who readers will remember from Raven Black, White Nights, Red Bones, and Blue Lightning. When the body of a journalist is found, Detective Inspector Willow Reeves is drafted from outside to head up the investigation. Inspector Jimmy Perez has been out of the loop, but his local knowledge is needed in this case, and he decides to help Willow. The dead journalist had left the islands years before to pursue his writing career. In his wake, he left a scandal involving a young girl. When Willow and Jimmy dig deeper, they realize that the journalist was chasing a story that many Shetlanders didn't want to come to the surface. In Dead Water, a triumphant continuation to her Shetland series, Ann Cleeves cements her place as one of Britain's most successful crime writers.
About the Author
ANN CLEEVES is the multi-million copy bestselling author behind two hit television series—Shetland, starring Douglas Henshall, and Vera, starring Academy Award Nominee Brenda Blethyn—both of which are watched and loved in the United States.
Shetland and Vera are available on BritBox in the United States. An adaptation of The Long Call, the first book in her Two Rivers series, will premiere on BritBox in 2022.
The first Shetland novel, Raven Black, won the CWA Gold Dagger for best crime novel, and Ann was awarded the CWA Diamond Dagger in 2017. She lives in the United Kingdom.
“Nothing short of riveting.” —Louise Penny
“Creates a dark enough mood to keep you straining to see what will come to light next.” —People
“In true Christie fashion, Cleeves once more pulls the wool over our eyes with cunning and conviction.” —Colin Dexter
“Gripping from start to finish.” —Booklist
“Deserves the top crime writer's prize in the United States this year. Don't miss this standout.” —Rocky Mountain News
“A riveting read.” —Val McDermid
“If you're a fan of Frances Fyfield, Minette Walters, or Val McDermid, get to know Cleeves.” —The Globe and Mail (UK)